We have a lot of love for our clients, friends, and clients-turned-friends here at Love, Me Photography. How much love, you ask? A latte of it. Literally.
Earlier this week we talked about three ways mommas can give an extra dose of love to their high school seniors this Valentine’s Day. Keeping with that theme (since, you know, the big day isn’t TOO far behind us), we’re sharing a fun recipe that just might make you kiss Starbucks goodbye! For this week, at least.
DIY WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY LATTE
• 2/3 cup whole milk (or milk substitute, such as almond milk)
• 1/2 cup espresso or strong brewed coffee
• 1/2 cup white chocolate baking chips
• Whipped cream (for topping)
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup water
• ¾ – 1 cup raspberries
1. Brew a pot of strong coffee or bold espresso.
2. As coffee is brewing, combine syrup ingredients (sugar, water, and raspberries) in a small saucepan. Stir the mixture occasionally as it cooks over medium-high heat, continuing to stir until sugar has dissolved. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, then remove from heat and pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove raspberry solids. Set syrup aside.
3. As raspberry syrup is simmering, combine milk and white chocolate chips in a separate saucepan or double boiler and heat until chips have melted and milk is hot.
4. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of milk mixture into a large coffee mug and combine with 1/2 cup of hot coffee or espresso. Stir in 1-2 tablespoons of raspberry syrup, then top your White Chocolate Raspberry Latte with a dollop of whipped cream! (You totally deserve it.)
5. To store excess syrup, pour into a glass container (such as a mason jar or empty olive oil dispenser) and refrigerate.
And that’s it, y’all! Make, sip, repeat, and be sure to let us know how your latte experiment goes in the comment section!